Admissions & Discharge
Please observe the following guidelines for admission and planned theatre bookings, whether surgical or medical.
- Overnight admission is required for all major surgeries scheduled.
- Patients coming directly from the admitting doctor should present a completed pre-admission form at the admission desk.
- Patients are required to present negative COVID-19 test results, no older than 3 days upon admission.
- Patients booked for day surgeries must present themselves at the hospital two hours prior to the time of the planned surgery.
- The attending consultant is required to be on the pre-approved panel list of doctors for third-party payers and if not, approval should be sought from the insurance before admission.
- A full deposit should be made before or upon admission for all cash paying patients.
- The hospital will require the following for all scheduled/day cases:
- A letter of undertaking from your employer
- A duly filled preauthorization form and a letter of undertaking from your insurance on the day of admission
- All emergency admissions from the doctor's clinic must be accompanied by a completed preauthorization form.
- All NHIF contributors will be required to provide the following:
- A valid NHIF card, with up-to-date contributions
- Identification documents of the contributor and or/ dependant that were used during the NHIF registration
- If the patient is a dependant (spouse or child) they must be registered with the contributor’s card
- If the dependant is above the age of 21 and is schooling, a letter from their learning institution bearing a reference number will be required
The discharge process should take a maximum of 2 hours where all the required documents are available. Should it take longer, please contact the nurse in charge of the ward you were admitted in for assistance.